It isn’t always easy to find great managers, but finding them is crucial to the success of a business. Management impacts every aspect of a business. Good managers have been found to positively impact these key areas:
- Productivity – Happier employees want to do their best and good managers contribute to workplace happiness
- Profitability – Good managers have a positive impact on company profits
- Quality of products – Quality of items produced has been proven to go up when a company has good managers
- Less absenteeism – Employees want to be there to contribute when excellent managers are in place
- Fewer instances of employee theft – Effective managers promote values like integrity among employees
- Decrease in turnover – Good managers will help to prevent high rates of turnover by impacting employee happiness and lessen their desire to leave
Since high quality management has such an impact, businesses are motivated to find the best possible managers among the pool of potential candidates. Choosing the best managers can be a time-consuming process.
When Companies Need Help Finding Excellent Managers
To help in a company’s search for the best managers, businesses often rely on professional executive search firms for advice and for candidate referrals. They look to people like Jason Hanold Chicago area’s recruiting connection, who is known for having good contacts with international and domestic executive manager candidates.
The executive search firm chosen must have a track record of being able to refer excellent candidates and must have effective screening methods in place. They also need the ability to successfully match the best candidates with the right companies. They have to be able to find those who will blend in well with a company’s culture.